HUGO - The only battery backup system designed especially for tankless water heaters and gas appliances.
Hugo is a compact unit that can mount right next to your existing tankless water heater and can be installed in minutes. Unlike other battery backup systems that offer only minutes of backup protection. Hugo can keep your system going for up to a week without power.
Packed with intelligent features that work seamlessly with gas-powered tankless water heaters, i.e. flow sensor, temperature sensor, pure sine wave, automatic switch over, etc.
Power rating of 350W/500VA is suitable for all gas-powered tankless water heaters and many other gas appliances.
The True Solution to Tankless Water Heaters
- 2-7 days of on-demand operation
- Portable or permanent mount
- Indoor/Outdoor installation
- IP54 grade for all-weather protection
- 38Ah AGM non-spill battery (replaceable)
- Sound/Visual alarm
- LED indicator for easy troubleshooting
- Flow sensor switch to prolong battery life
- Maintenance free operation
- Tankless water heater anti-Frost assist
- Auto activate within 8ms upon power outage
- Auto reset when main power becomes available
- Auto switchover between main power and inverter mode
- Built-in fuse to prevent board burnout and to protect downstream appliances
- Solar capable
- SMART technology to ensure constant clean power
- PURE SINE WAVE Technology
- 58" power cord
- Output: 500 VA / 350 W
HUGO, the complete maintenance free battery backup solution for all gas-powered tankless water heaters and appliances during power failures.
- Brass flow sensor: Standard 3/4" NPT male thread on both ends. Push fitting adapters sold separately.
- ABS plastic flow sensor: 3/4" BSP (G) thread on both ends.
- The new temperature sensor can now be either placed inside the HUGO unit or it can be stretched up to 5 ft of distance. This allows the temperature sensor to be mounted near a cold-water supply line in some installation situations.
Delay Functions: HUGO is designed with 2 delay functions:
- Flow sensor delay: When the flow sensor first senses a flow, it will commend HUGO to start providing power for at least 5 minutes, if after 5 minutes, there is still no flow, HUGO will turn off AC output. This function allows the time needed for some appliances to complete its restart cycle when power is lost. This will also allow tankless water heaters to remain on when the user is in between water use, such as washing hands or dishes.
- City power restore delay: When city power is restored, HUGO will delay for one (1) minute before allowing city power to be fed into HUGO or downstream appliance. This will eliminate electricity spikes and allows electricity to become stable and safe before entering expensive equipment.
- HUGO Battery Backup
- Mounting Brackets (4)
- Mounting Screws (9)
- Door Key
- Flow Sensor (depending on model selected)